Friday, July 28, 2006

9 things for 9 Weeks

With 9 weeks till I leave our fair shores I have decided to do 9 things in 9 weeks. Some are small and simple, taking only a few moments. Some are more complex, time-consuming and challenging. I invite you all on my journey and experience these precious moments with me, helping me close a chapter and start writing, or blogging, the new one.

9 Things for 9 Weeks.

1. Swim at Manly
A day time event, perhaps closer to when I leave, just because it is far far far to cold for me in my speedos to be in the ocean at this time of year. But a manly ferry ride to and from and a picnic for everyone who wants to watch me get frost-bite.

2. Get my drivers' license
I'm booked in at 9am on Monday September 18th.

3. Attend a Netball match.
Friday 11 August, Acer Arena (formerly Sydney Superdome): $21.70.
Sydney Swifts (competition leaders) V Melbourne Phoenix (currently in 2nd place!). Anyone get us some Media tickets?

4. Go to the Powerhouse 50 years' of Australian Television Exhibition
I think I can do this one this weekend. It's $10, unless any of you are members of ICOM (International Council of Museums) then its free.

5. Go to the Zoo to take a photo with a kangaroo I can impress people overseas with, when I tell them it was in fact my pet.
Sunday activity. Ferry over, ferry back. Relaxed Opera Bar drinks after.

6. Sail.
Belly wants to be taken. I can take whoever else. September 16 was the date set. That night is Karla's birthday. It is in my dad's laser, a very small and wet boat. I will take people out for 15min sessions. So we could have a big bbq in the afternoon evening there for KP and go out afterwards.

7. Meat Pie.
I want to eat a meat pie from a bakery of a small country town. I love meat pies. This should be incorporated into a road trip/weekend away out of Sydney. Id like to go out to Bathurst for the day, eat a pie at Sofala or Oberon... perhaps stay with Dani in Orange overnight?

8. Apologise to my neighbours for my 21st.
...and pissing in their boat which they park in front of our house, since they have not spoken to me in over a year, except to abuse me for spraying the pidgeons. Perhaps a few of us can dress in black and apologise on mass, holding Olive branches.

9. Harry's.
I've never had anything from Harry's Cafe. This would be a friday night thing.... Ericas before hand, Tillbury in Woollomoolloo, Harry's, Cross.

6 Comments:

At 4:04 pm, Blogger They call me 'Bohemoth'. said...

im scared

 
At 4:05 pm, Blogger They call me 'Bohemoth'. said...

you know they drive on the wrong side in england...and the public transports pretty good..maybe you should just not get in the car..

oh and what do u mean by ´spraying the pigeons´. is that some kind of euphamism

 
At 1:20 am, Blogger angus said...

no they dont sarah.

 
At 10:31 am, Blogger They call me 'Bohemoth'. said...

oh yeh

 
At 3:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm putting it out there that someone will relate "spraying the pigeons" with fisting.

Damn. Too late.

 
At 5:37 pm, Blogger Me! said...

I feel i should take part in this apologising. but im over the otherside of the world. Oh well, shame shame, theyll just have to stew in there dressing gowns and varicose veins....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home