Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Maxi, 'Manda, Mathison

So a few people have come to say hello over the past six months, here are the latest three over the past few weeks of my non-blogging...




Amanda (lived with in towers) was here over the long weekend. We went for a coffee and she presented me with her typed itinerary for the sights of london. An up-to-the-hour log of london landmarks, complete with tube stops and entry fees detailed on the side. Such organisation not seen since my mother's vietnam scrapbook.



Possibly the one meeting that spun me out the most was with Maxi. For all those who don't know, Maxi was my Aunt's Armour in Hong Kong that used to look after us three kids when we would go and stay. Maxi has since moved to London with another family, but stays in touch with my Aunt and is always prompt with the christmas card to Bondi.

So one day I got a phone call from Pammie asking me if I would go to lunch with Maxi, only Maxi was too nervous to ring me for the fear she might interupt my busy work schedule of sitting at my desk on MSN. I made the call and was confronted with no less than a very loud fillipino woman shouting down the phone at me. I managed to get "Ohh Mr Angus... Late Lunch, Early Dinnerh... Shepards Bush... Late Lunch, Early Dinnerh." This provided much amusement when asked what my plans for the weekend were, to which i responded... "going on a date with a mid-40s fillipino woman". I was in a rather precious state from the evening before when the saturday lunch came around, but met Maxi (who I swear was much taller when I was younger) and her friend for a buffet lunch. Surrounded by lots of other hungover australians and the dirtiest of british chavs, i answered questions on my life, london and the family. Highlights mainly came from the friend with quotes like....

"I'm not racist, but the black kids are the ones that cause crime" and...
"Your brother not have one girlfriend, but i bet he lots of casual girlfriend, many at once".

But Maxi was very sweet and invited me to stay with her in the family's mansion when they are away??? "Dim Sum in Soho (Chinatown) next time". There is a next time?



Oh and James Mathison came to work with us for a week. Provided much amusement for the few people in the office that had any idea who James Mathison was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home