Monday, February 12, 2007

10 meals, 9 of them Pizza

Ahhh! Angus! You've arrived!



So Rome hey, I now know why the romans only ever wore Togas, Rome is a very sunny and warm place. I even felt the need to wear just a t-shirt at times, which was a very welcome relief for my one sweaty armpit that has been concerning me. Anyone know why I've got one sweaty armpit please inform me. I thought it was a colesterol problem from eating butter out of the tub, but Malin's father assures me it has nothing to do with fatty blood. Anyway, speaking of colesterol, when we were in Rome, I ate about 10 meals. 9 of them were Pizza. One was caneloni, which was nice, but the only reason I got that was because there was no Pizza on the menu. I dont regret only eating Pizza, I do however regret not buying and indulging myself in the deep-fried camembert that was new to the italian McDonald's menu. Here it is... very european...



Here are some scenic pictures of rome to keep my mother happy.



Trevi Fountain.



The view from the top of the dome of St Peter's in the Vatican. I was stuck behind an american lady that it seemed to me to have actually eaten the deep-friend camembert and was about to have a McHeart-attack. I didnt see her at the top, I passed her at the point just before it go too small for her to get up.



That is the colloseum from the outside.

This is it from the inside.



Here is us around rome...











This is the view from our hostel window. The pope really has to stop letting those "doves of peace" fly around rome... It's the biggest pile of bird shit I have ever seen. However, it was really nice to see as it reminded me of the view from my room in Bondi, not that I have a room there anymore, but that's another blog post.



Oh ok, so we were walking along the river bank, apparently one of the ten most romantic spots in Rome, which was good for me and my two hoes, and then all these men started running toward us screaming. We were like "wooooooo, what's going on?" Turns out the police had arrived and all the street hawkers selling "real" louis vitton and "pradah" were running for their lives. Sadly, some didnt make it. Here is the police trying to walk down the street with some of the confiscated goods.



Here is Em patting some of the Roman wildlife.



So yeah, that's rome.



Later. Angus.

2 Comments:

At 6:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you and your crazy shinanigans. Your blog is the only thing keeping me sane at the mo' just got back to Aus and people keep asking me 'how it was' and then not waiting to lidten to my answer (which would be 'Better than this shit hole' btw)
Love your work sweet cheeks keep it coming
gross bisous (that's french for oxox)Bliss

 
At 2:17 pm, Blogger Belly said...

Oh well, when in Rome...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home