Friday, December 22, 2006

Dinner & a house party

So last saturday I decided I would cook a bit of a feast for my new friends before we headed out to a house party in north london. Having run errands all day I found myself at Sainsbury's running around 1 hours before my guests arrived trying to find all the ingrediants I needed. Everything but rosemary and the key rack of lamb. NO RACK OF LAMB! What was I to do? It was the only recipe that I had printed off at work and dont know how to do anything else. I remembered where a butcher was, I went to him - only to find the line to get in was half way down the high st. Casually shitting myself about not being able to fulfill my promise of lamb to my guests I hopped on a bus and went to Tesco at Brixton. I figured people from Brixton wont eat Rack of Lamb. Tesco Brixton is foul. Its a massive warehouse like building where people will push you out of the way just to get that last bag of pre-mixed lettace. Gross. No Woolworths Double Bay I tell you! I look around, no lamb, I looked more, no lamb, I asked the man who was sorting the meat.... "man..got any lamb?" Yes, down there... i ran and snagged the last two racks of lamb. Read that aloud. It rhymes. They were pathetic pieces of meat that I had to take a mortgage out to purchace. Cool story hansel.

Anyway, here is my rack of lamb, slow-roasted balsamic vinegar tomatos and garlic mash. Brilliant dinner.









After that we went to Andrew's house party. It was fun, live music and too much alcohol. All this cooking and running around wore me right out, and hence I fell asleep. But fun night.


1 Comments:

At 1:36 am, Blogger hiedistar said...

Nice to see the slow roast balsmic vinegar tomatoes still have it.

Dont u hate it when people post comments on your blog before answering your emails? jejejej.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home