Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Day at the Races








So here are some images from our day at the races. I feel very little need to explain them... but will give you a small run down.

Day started at around 11, actually just confirming it was 11.30. When we were driven to the races by my sister pumping Roxcette's 1990s classic 'How do you Do'. After alighting from the vehicle we entered the race corse to see Laura... she then vanished... perhaps to write a new album, who knows. Drinks began to flow. 1 Bicardi Down. Its midday. Karla accosts two giant surf lifesavers telling them that they were not allowed to be wearing those hats if they were not on patrol... she gives them a business card. 2 Bicardis Down. Betting begins and edwina sees the 25th person she knows for the day. We eat pasta. We find ourselves entering a new level of our friendships when it is ok to stick fingers in each other's mouth to remove food. 3 Bicardi's down. We start to bet. We loose. We bet again. We win. I loose my ticket so thus cannot collect my winnings. Beth and Penny are very patient while I attempt to find one person I know. But alas, i could not. We see Simo and Adrian though, at which point we all agree that this day was much like a music festival, only people where wearing suits and dresses. We watch some skanks pole dance. FLASHBACK!!!!! Earlier in the day we had met a new person (one of Waz's friends) and he was giving us a tip on which horse to bet on. I replied with "Mate, i dont mean to seem upfront or rude but here is a tip for you..." Edwina rolls her eyes and thinks "oh my god... no one you have no friends angus". I continue with "but your shirt is hanging out your fly, you might want to do something about that." 4 Bicardi's down. Its about 4pm. The beer I am drinking was below room temperature, so i threw it out and got another one. I loose the girls, but discover doughnuts... a gold mine of doughnuts. I find the girls sitting on the ground in a major throughfare area. I join them. 5 Bicardis down.. no more free bicardi... its time to go. We get to Tim's car and venture off back to Bondi. We have a detour so edwina can say hello to the locals. We have totally lost penny and beth apparently they are in a limo. Edwina falls asleep on her couch. Karla and I head to meet penny and beth in the city. We get out of the cab and wait for Belly at my work. A random on the street asked us if we where headed to Cargo, we said yes. He joined us for a few drinks while we waited. His name was Jai. Karla and I confirmed to him that we where not infact a couple. He took this as his sign to move in on Karla. Belly arrives we head to Bungalow 8 where we now knew Laura was performing. We loose Jai, he was the head chef at the slip inn. We have his number if anyone wants a cheap meal. We get rejected from Bungalow. We eventually find a seat at... the slip inn. The night kinds of gets totally blurry from here on. We went to a number of bars. And Belly and I ened up eating Chinese at some some hour of the morning. I wake at home, still drunk I suspect, very bloodshot eyes and reaking of alcohol... I am dragged to Church. Communion wine tastes terrible usually, but just the smell of it made me want to vomit. Ahhh. A big day.

Angus

3 Comments:

At 11:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"big day out for racing" memory #27..well actually there are no memories just blurry vision of lots of fake tan and boobs, cheap cocktail dresses and how many skanky girls was it angus? 7767?

not that i can talk - i slept in a car in maroubra.

p

ps did 'sky appreciation photo' not make the cut??

 
At 1:39 am, Blogger hiedistar said...

awww getting drunk with the kids.

meanwhile belly looks really weird..what is going on with the tongue thing???

 
At 11:15 am, Blogger Me! said...

slept in a car in maroubra. Penny if you could see me now i am applauding. Welcome to a new world of trashbag.

Good to hear you kids are carrying on our proud tradition. Drinking yourself into oblivion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home